Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Realistic Fire Nation Palace

So for our newly completed 3D for Games class our assignment was to take an existing game, or movie and make a realistic version of it using UDK. We modeled all the assets, set-dressed, lit the environments and made camera moves for each of our environments. My group (Kenae Lowry, Samantha Sexe, Will Avery, and I) got to do the Fire Nation Palace from the amazing animated show Avatar: The Last Airbender. We set the time to be about 20 years after the end of the A.T.L.A series to allow us to change up the existing designs.

I was personally in charge of the throne room.
Here are some of my process shots:

 
I did a paintover to help visualize the lighting better so here is before paintover:
And here's after:
 
 
And here are some shots of the final outcome:



I'm pretty proud with this material. It's the vertex paintable flag material.
 
 
 
The final camera cinematic of all of our scenes together will be posted next!

No comments:

Post a Comment